Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Random thoughts

It’s been awhile since I’ve written an actual “entry” so I thought I would catch up on everything from last weekend.

I went to Hakone, a beautiful lake way up in the mountains. It was a two hour train ride to get there, but it was worth it. The lake boasts some of the best views of Mt. Fuji, and that was pretty much the selling point for me. Well, when we got there it was foggy, and we couldn’t see anything at all, pretty disappointing. But the lake did have several other things going for it, including a pirate ship (we rode on in across the lake) and a sky box (one of those dangling ski lift type things that gives you great views of everything). The day was really fun, and we capped it off with a bath in a hot spring. I’ll put up some pictures.

There was a huge earthquake today that knocked out power, killed a few people, and spilled the contents of a nuclear power reactor (according to cnn.com) so I guess I should watch out for water. Or maybe I should drink it and get superpowers.

I didn’t feel the earthquake because it actually happened while we were white water rafting. I didn’t feel the aftershock, even though it hit near Tokyo, too. There was also a typhoon that slammed into Japan this weekend, causing flooding and more power outages.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home